Resources about the War in Ukraine

I am sure many of our students have questions about the invasion of Ukraine. Below are resources for parents and teachers about the current war. If you have additional ones to share with colleagues, please send them our way.

For PARENTS. Your children may have asked questions about the current conflict in Ukraine. I know as a parent, I sometimes leave the news on in the evening while working on my laptop or doing other things, without realizing my ten-year-old is walking around observing the television without any context. That’s why I have found the National Child Traumatic Stress Network’s “Talking to Children about Wardocument an excellent resource, especially when I want to talk with my teens about what they are hearing about this conflict. 

Here are three additional resources for this topic:

For TEACHERS. Here are some educational resources; again, we will continue to add as we find appropriate classroom materials. 

  1. NYT Learning Network. Always a great repository for teachers. 
  2. PBS Learning Media. Another great website. Here you will find clips from PBS NewsHour and Frontline! 
  3. Newslea. A fantastic website we have a subscription to that allows you to differentiate resources by reading ability. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Hispanic Heritage Month - 2022 Resources

Edutopia's Look at Student Stress & More

BHM Month Resources 2023